Five for the 47th
New Mexico Facts and Trivia
1. Pluto was discovered by Professor Clyde Tombaugh of NM State University. He died before they downgraded its status.
2. Five hundred dinosaur footprints can be found in sandstone at Clayton Lake State Park.
3. The Navajo Reservation on the Northwestern NM border is the world's largest at 3.5 million acres.
4. A tortilla with the image of Jesus Christ brings thousands of visitors each year to Lake Arthur.
5. White Sands is the remains of Lake Lucero from two million years ago.