What the city wants
The Mayor’s Office released yesterday afternoon a list of legislative priorities for 2012. Albuquerque’s asking for:
• A law that would allow cities and counties to ban fireworks sales
• A law that criminalizes organized retail theft where stolen merchandise is resold on the black market
• $50 million for the I-25/Paseo interchange
• $500,000 to clean up trash along I-40 and I-25
• Adding a Silver Alert for Albuquerque to the state’s Amber Alert system. This could help the families of seniors who struggle with dementia or Alzheimer’s find their loved ones if they go missing.
Read to the Dogs at South Valley Public Library
Children can practice their reading in a relaxed atmosphere with a registered therapy dog.
Wine Tasting: Offbeat & Interesting Wines at Slate Street CafÃ©
Boris McCutcheon's Open Mic Night featuring Chris Chickering at Marble BreweryMore Recommented Events ››