What the city wants
The Mayor’s Office released yesterday afternoon a list of legislative priorities for 2012. Albuquerque’s asking for:
• A law that would allow cities and counties to ban fireworks sales
• A law that criminalizes organized retail theft where stolen merchandise is resold on the black market
• $50 million for the I-25/Paseo interchange
• $500,000 to clean up trash along I-40 and I-25
• Adding a Silver Alert for Albuquerque to the state’s Amber Alert system. This could help the families of seniors who struggle with dementia or Alzheimer’s find their loved ones if they go missing.
The Piano in a Factory at National Hispanic Cultural Center
Zhang Meng's whimsical film about a father's attempt to build a piano for his daughter in the wake of his unending marriage.
Pajama Storytime at Taylor Ranch LibraryMore Recommented Events ››