Why, you ask, did we call this party Heart Strings? Well, we thought it was funny at the time. It’s sort of a riff on the old K-Tel TV commercials for record albums of all your favorite contemporary hits “performed by the original artists.” It got less funny as time marched on, but that’s ok because it will still be awesome fun, even if we wince every time we say or type… the name of the event.
Here are ten great reasons to come out and see us tonight:
1) It’s only $5 at the door.
2) There will be four of Albuquerque’s best bands playing: Sandia Man, Sabertooth Cavity, Ghost Circles and Ya Ya Boom (who were accepted to play at SXSW 2011.)
3) There will be free food from El Norteño while it lasts: chips and salsa, chicken and beef flautas, green chile stew, posole, rice, beans, tortillas and quesadillas.
5) Grand Prize is a Samsung Blu-Ray Player from Paradise Village - Netflix ready for your instant viewing pleasure.
6) There are also a bunch of gift bag prizes from Jack’s Smoke Shop and…
7) A bunch of prizes and t-shirts from All Seasons Gardening.
8) You can see and help judge the submissions to our Valentine’s Day Card Contest.
9) Between bands we’ll have an Open Luv Mic, so you can get on stage and profess your undying love.
Aw. Ew. See you there.