Tonight! 48 Hour Film screening, the Rev. Beat-Man, New Mexico Jazz Festival, Etran Finatawa, hula hooping
• Film screening for the 48 Hour Film Project, in which 40 filmmaking teams had two days to create a completed film. Screening at the KiMo Theatre, 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 a screening, $17 for two separate screenings or $30 for all four screenings. Film Editor Devin D. O’Leary’s tells you more.
• Concert in Santa Fe featuring blues acts Reverend Beat-Man and Delaney Davidson at 9 p.m. Little Wing (at The Candyman Strings & Things, 851 St. Michael's Drive, Santa Fe). $5 admission. Check out the flyer.
• Doug Lawrence Quartet performs as part of the New Mexico Jazz Festival. At 7:30, Outpost Performance Space, Featuring NEA Jazz Master Jimmy Cobb. Tickets: $25 to $30. Read the article and scan the festival schedule.
• Etran Finatawa, a band from Niger, plays at the Santa Fe Brewing Company (35 Fire Place, Santa Fe), 7:30 p.m. Songs are sung in the band members’ native languages: Tamashek and Fulfulde. Tickets: $17 advance (ticketssantafe.org, 505-988-1234), $20 at the door. How does that work, exactly? Read the music article.
• Weekly hoola hooping class at The Rhythm Dance Lounge (4821 Central NE) from 6:30-7:30 p.m. $10 per class. Reservations recommended. Arts Editor Patritica Sauthoff tells you how.