http://alibi.com/blog/31856/article.html

Pets

Beware the Antifreeze

By Carolyn Carlson [ Mon Apr 19 2010 11:46 AM ]

Dog and cat owners should be aware that there have been antifreeze poisonings reported in the neighborhoods near Fourth Street and Montaño. Antifreeze, which has a sweet taste, is deadly to humans and animals. Even a very small amount licked off paws can cause an agonizing death for a dog or cat. People should try to keep their animals in their yards and be aware of containers in alleys, lots or public areas. If anyone finds anything, please call 311 and ask for Animal Welfare Department.