‹‹ V.23 No.13 | March 27 - April 2, 2014
Crib Notes: March 27, 2014
An all-APD pop quiz
1) How many human beings have members of the Albuquerque Police Department killed since 2010?
2) Since 2010, how much has the City of Albuquerque paid out for lawsuits related to police brutality?
b) $1 million
c) Less than $30,000
d) More than $24 million
3) The name of the penultimate APD-generated casualty is ____________.
b) Jesus Christ
c) James Boyd
d) Siddhārtha Gautama
4) Keith Sandy, an officer involved in APD's penultimate fatal encounter, was fired by the New Mexico State Police in 2007 over _____________.
a) Accusations of fraud
b) Possession of marijuana
c) Unlawful possession of a firearm
d) Texting while driving
5) APD's new Chief of Police initially cited case law, claiming the Foothills shooting was justified, a statement Mayor Berry later deemed a mistake. What is the name of our city’s new top cop?
a) Bozo the Clown
b) Rufus T. Firefly
c) Gordon Eden
1) A. Since 2010, APD has killed 23 citizens.
2) D. The City of Albuquerque has paid out mas de $24 million to settle cases involving the legalities of lethal force.
3) C. James Boyd was killed on March 16, 2014 while illegally camping in the southern Sandia Foothills.
4) A. According a KRQE report cited by HuffPo, Officer Sandy was dismissed from the New Mexico State Police “over accusations of fraud.”
5) C. Gordon Eden was named Albuquerque Chief of Police on February 14, 2014. Speaking of his appointment, Mayor Berry said that Eden “was the perfect mix of expertise and heart.”