Saturday Aug 24, 2013
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
More events at
Annual community event featuring arts and crafts, live entertainment, street food, kids' activities and (of course) a sunflower hat competition.
The Sunflower Festival, a major cultural event for the community and surrounding area, features:
- Arts and crafts show featuring over 100 local and regional artists and artisans;
- Live entertainment by musical groups including Rye Creek, Erineo, and more;
- Food and other street vendors;
- Walking Tour of Mountainair murals and mosaics as shown in the new art council brochure;
- Art raffle;
- Sunflower hat competition with prizes awarded;
- Fun things for kids (NM Van of Enchantment history exhibit, hands-on painting of sunflowers on a large canvas, photo face board)
- Sunflowers everywhere—both at the festival and along the town’s main streets and back-country roads.
The event is free and sponsored by the Manzano Mountain Art Council, supported in part by New Mexico Arts, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts.