Alibi Trivia Challenge
By Jessica Cassyle Carr
Hey, egghead, have we got a treat for you. If you can complete these 20 questions correctly and turn them in sooner than anyone else along with a completed angry monkey puzzle (see facing page), you will be rewarded with a jaw-dropping jackpot of fabulous prizes, including a $15 gift certificate to Bookworks, a "mystery" gift certificate to Mecca Records, a whopping $100 gift certificate to the District, a box of Belgian chocolates from Wild Oats, an Alibi T-shirt, and last but certainly not least, an official Alibi flyswatter that will make you the envy of all your fellow eggheads.
Get crackin', smarty pants. By the time you're done with this brain test, the inside of your head might be scrambled and fried, but you'll need that flyswatter to beat back all your admirers. Entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com or snailed to Alibi Trivia Challenge, Weekly Alibi, 2118 Central SE, #151, Albuquerque, N.M. 87106.
1. What body part is removed during an orchidectomy?
2. What venereal disease was Montezuma's real revenge?
3. In which movie did Charlton Heston play the last man on earth?
4. Who's your favorite cartoon bear?
5. What is an event horizon?
6. Are tomatoes native to Italy?
7. Who took the first successful photograph?
8. What brand of cigarette does James Bond smoke?
9. Salvador Dali once arrived at an art exhibit in a limousine filled with what vegetable?
10. What did the king of Crete imprison in the labyrinth?
11. What are the 12 animals of Chinese astrology?
12. What is Stab City's real name?
13. What American state borders only one other state?
14. How many lampposts are depicted on the back of a $10 bill?
15. What's the official New Mexico state cookie?
16. What do the letters in the words “almost” and “biopsy” have in common?
17. What is the only word in the English language that ends in 'mt'?
18. If you were watching the video game "Mathman," what show were you watching?
19. What is a squidger?
20. What's the point of all this?
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Twentieth Annual Nutcracker on the Rocks at Keshet Center for the Arts
A rock 'n' roll re-telling of the Nutcracker story with contemporary dance styles.
Swing Night at SkyLight
Tango at Las PuertasMore Recommended Events ››