Are You a Genie?
By Jabal, the Exalted Genie of the Known Seven Realms of Strandall
1) Do you have neither legs nor a wheelchair?
2) Do you insist on calling something that looks like a gravy boat your “lamp”?
3) Are your movements shrouded by wisps of smoke?
4) Are you blue, but breathing easy?
5) Have you gotten into long, drunken arguments about the paradox of wishing for more wishes?
6) Do you ride a magic carpet as a mortal man would ride a crotch rocket?
7) Do you say phrases like "mortal man"?
8) Do you wear a golden earring and listen to Golden Earring?
9) Are your origins misconstrued by Western culture?
10) Do you dream of yourself?
If you answered "yes" to most of these, chances are you're a western-style genie.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Then and Now: Rediscovering Route 66 Opening Reception at KiMo Theatre Gallery
View the work of internationally recognized Laguna photographer Lee Marmon, New Mexican photographer Sondra Diepen and New Mexican painter Carol L. Adamec. Runs through 6/25.
Beerland at The Lodge at Santa Fe
Hora de Cuentos: Bilingual Preschool Storytime at National Hispanic Cultural CenterMore Recommended Events ››