Friday, Oct. 9* 5:45 to 6:45 a.m. Dawn Patrol
* 7 to 8 a.m. Special Shape Rodeo™
* 7 to 10 a.m. Key Grab Competition
* 8 to 9 a.m. Chainsaw Wood Carving Contest (north end of launch field)
* 4 to 5 p.m. Chainsaw Wood Carving Contest (north end of launch field)
* 5:45 to 7:30 p.m. Shape Glowdeo
* 8 to 9 p.m. AfterGlow ™ Fireworks Show presented by the Albuquerque Journal
Hit the Downtown Music and Bar Scene
Friday's the night to be out in Albuquerque's most vibrant music and bar district. All these venues are in walking distance of each other.
Best Rock Bar
Tonight, a ska-infused lineup by La Junta, Liquid Cheese, Law of Attraction and DJ Halcyon hits the stage. It’s a 21+ show, but check the schedule for frequent all-ages offerings here and at the Launchpad’s sister venue, the Sunshine Theater (120 Central SW, sunshinetheaterlive.com).
$5, 618 Central SW, 764-8887, launchpadrocks.com
Burt's Tiki Lounge
Best Dive Bar, Best Bar Decor/Theme/Atmosphere
We don't know who's playing, but the music’s always good, the tiki-themed drinks and knickknacks are always plentiful, and it's always free.
313 Gold SW, 247-BURT, burtstikilounge.com
Anodyne Pool Hall and Cocktails
Best Bar in Which to Lay Low, Best Bar Staff
No live music, just generous drinks, a great jukebox, a line of pool tables and a friendly dog or two.
409 Central NW, 244-1820
Sauce and Raw
Best Bar for Dancing
Get ready to shake your tail feather and witness a parade of short skirts.
405 Central NW, 242-5839, myspace.com/4thandcentral