Best Traditional Haiku:
• The final, 10th annual Alibi Short Film Fiesta is held at the Lobo Theater. Among the films screened: “Allison” by Jeff Drew, “Orange Barrels From the Phobosphere” by Brandon Scott Jensen and “Date 1.0” by Ryan Denmark. We also launch the popular Valentine’s Day Card Contest. In July, a long-serving soldier and registered Republican tells the Alibi that “the Bush administration did exactly what al-Qaida wanted us to do. It's created a huge recruiting opportunity for our enemies, and we've alienated the whole world in the process."
Best Bartender: Erin Duddy of Burt's Tiki Lounge
• The Bush administration’s chief weapons inspector confirms that there aren’t, and never were, any WMDs in Iraq.
• Prisoner abuse photos from Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons surface, causing heartburn worldwide.
• J.J. Abrams’ soon-
• The Madstone Theater on San Mateo closes in July after just two short years. Despite the popularity of the multi-screen art house theater, the New York-based chain behind it goes bankrupt, and Albuquerque loses another fine venue.
• The Coronado 6 Theatre, opened in 1977, is closed and eventually demolished.
• Janet Jackson flashes a Superbowled nation, and Rep. Heather Wilson gets stirred up on the House floor, drawing national attention. We’re jerks about it.
• Sen. John Kerry loses a closely contested presidential election. President Bush marches on.
Anthrax • thrash metal • Anesthesia • heavy metal • Torture Victim • metal at Sunshine Theater
Art Fusion For A Cause at Tractor Brewery Wells Park
Join Ms. Tina and make pom pom Sesame Street characters at Alamosa LibraryMore Recommended Events ››