Best Traditional Haiku:
• The final, 10th annual Alibi Short Film Fiesta is held at the Lobo Theater. Among the films screened: “Allison” by Jeff Drew, “Orange Barrels From the Phobosphere” by Brandon Scott Jensen and “Date 1.0” by Ryan Denmark. We also launch the popular Valentine’s Day Card Contest. In July, a long-serving soldier and registered Republican tells the Alibi that “the Bush administration did exactly what al-Qaida wanted us to do. It's created a huge recruiting opportunity for our enemies, and we've alienated the whole world in the process."
Best Bartender: Erin Duddy of Burt's Tiki Lounge
• The Bush administration’s chief weapons inspector confirms that there aren’t, and never were, any WMDs in Iraq.
• Prisoner abuse photos from Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons surface, causing heartburn worldwide.
• J.J. Abrams’ soon-
• The Madstone Theater on San Mateo closes in July after just two short years. Despite the popularity of the multi-screen art house theater, the New York-based chain behind it goes bankrupt, and Albuquerque loses another fine venue.
• The Coronado 6 Theatre, opened in 1977, is closed and eventually demolished.
• Janet Jackson flashes a Superbowled nation, and Rep. Heather Wilson gets stirred up on the House floor, drawing national attention. We’re jerks about it.
• Sen. John Kerry loses a closely contested presidential election. President Bush marches on.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Green and White Teas at Fragrant Leaf Tea Boutique
An in-depth overview of the green and white teas of China. Explore the history, different styles, terroirs and crafting techniques. Learn how to use a ceramic covered cup while tasting a wide selection of teas.
SITE Scholars Inauguration at Armory for the Arts Theater
River of Lights at ABQ BioPark Botanic GardenMore Recommended Events ››