Jul 29 - Aug 4, 2010 ››
Yoga in the Western world—demystified. Meditate on the practice here and now; Patricia Sauthoff penned a bendy preview. Immigration agents in the Prisoner Transport Center may silence domestic violence victims, advocates say.
The Saltine Ramblers releases Arroyo Borealis, an album of colorful cornpone twang, fiddle-driven ditties and slow, sentimental ballads about New Mexico. Owned by a pair of New Orleans transplants, Noah’s Ark Café delivers secret Cajun, Creole and soul food in a heavenly environment. A gory urban legend about an abandoned hospital becomes real in horror documentary Cropsey. After a devastating fire, Musical Theatre Southwest is renewed with Thoroughly Modern Millie.
- The SB 1070 Effect: Lawsuits, protests, an exodus
- Newscity: Will the city’s ICE agreement impact immigrant victims of domestic violence?
- Bear With Me: I, fired
- Hail, Velocipede! Trail-a-Week: Biking the Paseo del Bosque (north half)
- Odds & Ends: Vindictive aliens, zombie crash, fatwa on pre-digested coffee, letters to cats
- Letters: Progressives for border security, luchador cycling, Stieg Larsson suxxor, those kids are fake, I like the arena