The sixth annual ¡Globalquerque! brings a world of music to Albuquerque. Once a proponent of the war on drugs, Judge James Gray had a change of heart. He discusses it here in an interview and at UNM next week.
Non Stop Bhangra brings the excitement of time-warped Indian music and dance to ¡Globalquerque! this weekend. Bailey's on the Beach is a desert oasis serving salads, burgers, fish tacos, pasta and more—just don't park in the Taco Bell lot. Animated fantasy Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole soars for 3D flights of fancy, crashes and burns for originality. The bodies in Bodies ... The Exhibition are as creepy, dubious and dead as ever.
- Talking Points: A Soldier in the Drug War Switches Sides — talking with Conservative Judge James Gray
- Election 2010: Register by Tuesday, Oct. 5, or no ballot for you
- Council Watch: Deadly force from guns and nukes, plus the mayor asks Albuquerque to clean up for the Balloon Fiesta
- Gessing Again: See-through government and transparency websites
- Odds & Ends: Almighty Supremeborn Allah arrested for cocaine on High Street, Bongo Jesus goes bonkers, dashboard ”narcosaint” tips off $19.3 million drug deal, drunk driving ... and towing, bleaching the ice cream man
- Letters: APD Shooting stats, voting with your dollar, Albuquerque is a drug-infested ghetto, fair music, a prairie dog on the Sunport exterminations, advocating for film advocates