It's the 2010 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta! Get informed before you get "high" with our unofficial guide to all things round, colorful and airborne. A Valencia County animal shelter worker saves stray animals by driving them to no-kill shelters in nearby states.
Spoon, CocoRosie and Beach House create an epic cyclone of indie excellence that's hitting Albuquerque this week. Saffron Tiger looks like an airport café ... but if you play the menu right, it tastes like Nirvana. Alibi film critic Devin D. O’Leary says Facebook-focused The Social Network is like Citizen Kane for the Internet age. And that’s not just the hyperbole talking. STREET ARTS: A Celebration of Hip Hop Culture and Free Expression at 516 keeps it real with Shepard Fairey, Chaz Bojórquez and other local, national and international heavyweights of the genre.
- 500 Miles to Safety: A shelter worker becomes part of an underground railroad for strays
- Robbins Burns Rubbers: Will APS roll out a new sexual health policy?
- Why Bother? The point of voting. (Also, register by Oct. 5!)
- Odds & Ends: Jägermeister removal surgery, rhino weed, gurning tragedy, DWSandwich-making, and a bus driver reads ... while driving
- Letters: Faith in the force, preventive voting, ABQ’s own Rally for Reason, State Fair exploitation, Judge Martinez was right, so was Judge Gray, Bodies is OK, Can’t Stop the Bhangra