The Alibi interviews bassist Mike Watt on his half-century-long musical process, the key to improv and what punk isn't. A closer look at APD's crisis training and the shooting of a veteran with PTSD.
Bands passing through the Land of Enchantment on their way to Austin's SXSW are making an abundance of live music this month right here at home. At AmerAsia & Sumo Sushi you'll find Chinese and Japanese food living in delicious harmony under one roof. Cedar Rapids follows in the post-'90s tradition of more adult-oriented comedy films that feature sad-sack characters, uncomfortable situations and a healthy undercurrent of R-rated raunch. Global DanceFest stomps onto the stage of VSA North Fourth Art Center for its 11th installation.
- Almost Perfect: The championship game one high school basketball coach can’t forget
- Newscity: Could APD crisis training have saved a veteran’s life?
- Council Watch: Ghost bikes, pigeons, APD
- Odds & Ends: Pirate monkeys, dreaded desk-rattler, life-changing ride, tear gas at the cookoff,
- Letters: Blind “science,” scientology, addiction, tea baggers, eco activist, Tunisia, hot music