Media Kit 2015 (PDF)
Print Ad Specifications | Place Classified Ads
Press Release FAQ | Sponsorship Request Form (PDF)
How to Write a Press Release
1) Always include relevant dates, times, addresses, prices and contacts at the top of every press release.
2) Use the staff contact page to determine who should get your press release. Send potential news stories to the news editor, community events to the calendars editor, etc. If you're unsure who to send your press release to, you may contact the editor-in-chief.
3) A short, personal note before your press release is helpful. Try to address your note to a person rather than a position (e.g., "Dear Laura," not "Dear Editor").
4) Make sure you differentiate between contact numbers for reporters and contact numbers for the general public, so we don't accidentally print your cell phone number.
5) Be brief, but include all the highlights of your story or event. Place the most important information at the top.
A Template for a Good Press Release
Dear Name of Editor,
Blah blah blah is coming to town on Jan. 7. Please find a press release below with all the information on the event. I'm available for interviews if you have any questions.
Thank you for your time.
Name of Event
Contact Information (For the Public)
Description of event, including possible story angles.
Interested in advertising? Please contact us using this Advertising Inquiry form.
4th of July Celebrate Freedom at Anderson-Abruzzo Balloon Museum
An afternoon and evening of food, fun, family and fireworks, featuring carnival games, volleyball, picnic areas, a dunk tank and more.
Merican Slang CD Release Show: Mondo Vibrations • reggae, rock • The Rudy Boy Experiment • rock, blues at Low Spirits
A Butterfly for Brooklyn at Belen Public LibraryMore Recommented Events ››