V.21 No.3 | 1/19/2012
love is the drug
Alibi Love Notes return again
Last year, Weekly Alibi revived its long-haired, Luddite, pre-instant-messaging tradition of free Love Notes running in our print (and web) Valentine’s issue. It was a hit, so we’re doing it again. The big issue is February 9, the deadline is Feb. 1.
V.20 No.1 | 1/6/2011
love is the drug
Alibi Love Notes return
Remember when we used to do these back in, like, 1997? Before the interwebs gave us all free porn and music? When only birds could tweet? When cell phones were the size of a cinder block? Oh, you weren’t born yet? Well, here’s the scoop: Weekly Alibi is giving away free Love Notes to be printed (and, duh, made available online) in our Feb. 10 Valentine's issue. All you need to do is submit your message (25 words or less) by noon on February 2. Then sit back and wait for your sweetie to reciprocate.
• Do not call the Weekly Alibi office. We never answer the phone anyway.
• Please do not use your beloved's last name. First names, initials and pet names (e.g. “Smootchy-kins” or “Cream-puffins”) are fine.
• This is a forum for lovers only, not haters. If you've got something nasty to say, don't waste our time. And please, no stalkers. (Stalkers, read that last line again.)
• Weekly Alibi assumes no responsibility for broken hearts, misunderstandings, false promises, STDs or unwanted pregnancies; we've got problems of our own.
• Twenty-five (25) words is the limit for each Love Note. Our computer will count for you, but it won’t spellcheck. (Hmm, is spell-check hyphenated?)
This is a Tribute: A Hunger Games Quiz at O'Niell's Pub
Celebrate Reaping Day with a pub quiz that covers events in The Hunger Games and Catching Fire.
Two Uncommon Worlds of the Northern Tularosa Basin at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
The 1960 Sci-Fi Era • Nathan New • Reighnbeau • shoegaze, electronic • BK Beats at Historic El Rey TheaterMore Recommented Events ››