The Daily Word in V.23 No.18, environmental disaster and Baphomet
In Alibi-centric news, let's hit the highlights of the latest ish of the alt.weekly with the mostest.
• Our revamped commenting system at alibi.com proffers letters and notable comments about APD, psychogeography and more.
• Test your NM news savvy with our weekly pop quiz, Crib Notes.
• More art-smart content than you can shake a spraycan at: "Orange Is the New Black" author Piper Kerman on the prison reform movement; deets on Albuquerque's new Poet Laureate, Jessica Helen Lopez; and Culture Shock.
• All the filmic news that High Desert teevee babies and cinephiles need, like a review of indie revenge drama Blue Ruin, Reel World, Idiot Box and Week in Sloth.
• The human responsible for our rad restaurant and culinary coverage, Ty Bannerman, was recently crowned Alibi Features Editor, too, and frankly, we couldn't have found a better candidate. In this week's gastronomic survey, find out why the steer stumbles and get caught up on the arrival of food truck season aka summer.
• And last, but certainly not least, let's chat about the sonic realm. Four Up delivers deets on avant jazz, noise, African blues-rock and nu-disco concerts while Music to Your Ears goes native Nuevo Mexicano and we micro-review new albums by Eels, Fear of Men and Pray for Brain.
New Mexico Mercury published a poignant Frontera NorteSur essay on latest APD fatality Mary Hawkes.
Who will pay for the Kirtland jet fuel disaster?
The Grey Lady notes that "Hundreds in Albuquerque Voice Distrust of the Police."
In what's-good-for-the-goose news, catch a sneak peek of the Satanic monument being built for Oklahoma's statehouse.