V.23 No.47 | 11/20/2014
Odd duck of a documentary looks in on our fine, feathered friends
By Devin D. O’Leary
Director of Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill wings it again with Pelican Deams.
V.22 No.1 | 1/3/2013
Rowdy’s Dream Blog #277: A blond ghost in pajamas.
By Brutus De Cervantes [ Wed Dec 26 2012 3:54 PM ]
My neighbor comes over to our house with a dead, plucked bird. If you point the wings and look directly over it, you can see a ghost in his doorway. It's blond and looks like my sister in jammies.
V.21 No.52 | 12/27/2012
Webgame Wednesday: Ice Beak
By Devin D. O’Leary [ Wed Dec 19 2012 12:27 PM ]
It's getting a touch chilly outside, don't you think? Winter is definitely in the air. So why not stay inside and play some wintery games? I suggest trying your hand at Ice Beak. This pleasingly 8-bit scroll-and-shoot puts you in the role of an ice-blasting bird navigating a lava-filled maze. There's a bit of puzzle solving to be had as well, since you must use your ice abilities to their best advantage to navigate the trap-filled maze in which you find yourself. Just remember to keep your cool.
V.19 No.47 |
Random bird photo no. 1
Your guess is as good as mine
By John Bear [ Tue Nov 30 2010 9:22 PM ]
I saw this bird out of the corner of my eye while driving up Isleta Blvd. Tuesday. I looked in the bird book but can't figure out what it is, some sort of bird of prey. I photographed it until it flew away.
V.19 No.16 | 4/22/2010
Five Interesting Things About Me
By Nick Brown [ Tue Apr 27 2010 2:56 PM ]
1) If you stare at me for 10 seconds a message pops up on the lower left: “Next - an all new episode of Monk.”
2) I can understand animal language. This morning I heard a bird say he was so hungry he could eat a green peach.
3) I went to the dentist and asked him if he could make my teeth “go around.” Neither one of us knew what that meant.
4) I took a bunch of drugs and went to a rave that was just three hours of flashing red and blue lights with siren noises.
5) I stand by the off-ramp with a cardboard sign reading, “Drink my blood-urine $5.”
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Inaugural D.H. Lawrence Lecture at UNM Continuing Education Building
Award-winning author Mark Doty reads and discusses his work.
Why Humans and Apes are Different and Why It Matters at Maxwell Museum of Anthropology
Dillon PC • lo-fi pop • TrunkWeed • Holy Glories • garage rock, psychedelic • Crime Lab • punk • Euth Group at LaunchpadMore Recommended Events ››