V.23 No.47 | 11/20/2014
Odd duck of a documentary looks in on our fine, feathered friends
By Devin D. O’Leary
Director of Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill wings it again with Pelican Deams.
V.22 No.1 | 1/3/2013
Rowdy’s Dream Blog #277: A blond ghost in pajamas.
By Brutus De Cervantes [ Wed Dec 26 2012 3:54 PM ]
My neighbor comes over to our house with a dead, plucked bird. If you point the wings and look directly over it, you can see a ghost in his doorway. It's blond and looks like my sister in jammies.
V.21 No.52 | 12/27/2012
Webgame Wednesday: Ice Beak
By Devin D. O’Leary [ Wed Dec 19 2012 12:27 PM ]
It's getting a touch chilly outside, don't you think? Winter is definitely in the air. So why not stay inside and play some wintery games? I suggest trying your hand at Ice Beak. This pleasingly 8-bit scroll-and-shoot puts you in the role of an ice-blasting bird navigating a lava-filled maze. There's a bit of puzzle solving to be had as well, since you must use your ice abilities to their best advantage to navigate the trap-filled maze in which you find yourself. Just remember to keep your cool.
V.19 No.47 |
Random bird photo no. 1
Your guess is as good as mine
By John Bear [ Tue Nov 30 2010 9:22 PM ]
I saw this bird out of the corner of my eye while driving up Isleta Blvd. Tuesday. I looked in the bird book but can't figure out what it is, some sort of bird of prey. I photographed it until it flew away.
V.19 No.16 | 4/22/2010
Five Interesting Things About Me
By Nick Brown [ Tue Apr 27 2010 2:56 PM ]
1) If you stare at me for 10 seconds a message pops up on the lower left: “Next - an all new episode of Monk.”
2) I can understand animal language. This morning I heard a bird say he was so hungry he could eat a green peach.
3) I went to the dentist and asked him if he could make my teeth “go around.” Neither one of us knew what that meant.
4) I took a bunch of drugs and went to a rave that was just three hours of flashing red and blue lights with siren noises.
5) I stand by the off-ramp with a cardboard sign reading, “Drink my blood-urine $5.”
Assistance Dogs of the West's 21st Annual Graduation Ceremony at Armory for the Arts Theater
Dogs graduate to take on new roles within the judicial system, veterans’ groups, the FBI, and help individuals with disabilities. Hosted by Ali McGraw.
Fundraiser Night at Flying Star Café
Chicano Batman • rock, psychedelic • JJUUJJUU at Meow WolfMore Recommended Events ››