V.25 No.2 | 01/14/2016
Writing a Freer Future
Saturday, Jan 23: Prison Letter Writing Launch and Potluck
By Maggie Grimason [ Thu Jan 21 2016 10:00 AM ]
Writing letters to folks around New Mexico and around the country, particularly to trans prisoners.
V.24 No.45 | 11/05/2015
Letters From Downtown:
Things I See On My Way To Work
By Cerridwen Stucky [ Wed Nov 11 2015 1:47 PM ]
Things I see on my way to work:
(3) APD Cars, two going to the same destination, and quickly.
(1) Santa Fe Police Car, attracting disdainful looks.
(1) Back bumper of a Ford Mazda. Bumper sticker reads ‘If you can see this you’re too close’.
(1) Shattered brake light, presumably from the same car.
(1) Shattered headlight, presumably from the tailgating asshole.
(2) People dressed nicely, a man and a woman separately. Life has treated them well, they tell themselves as they scream into their cell phones.
(5) People dressed casually, half wait for the bus, the others walk. The ones with company don’t seem to mind as much the time of day and the bitter cold.
(3) People dressed in many layers of tattered clothing. One sleeps in a slouched position, one waits for the bus, and one walks seemingly aimlessly.
(3) Very large murals painted on the walls of city buildings. People from different cities would wonder how vandalists are able to create such intricate pieces without anyone stopping them.
(2) City buses, struggling to turn the tight corners of small downtown streets.
(4) Pieces of actual graffiti. Two are small tags with gang names and the others are aborted works of art not commissioned by the government.
(1) Puddle of indeterminable nature. It hasn’t rained in a week, and the puddle smells like a pit to hell.
V.24 No.19 | 5/7/2015
Diaperin’ Is Easy!
The cloth-diapering community offered scathing critiques of our staffer’s research; said staffer and contributing writer Amelia Olson responds to a massive dose of online venom.
V.24 No.15 | 4/9/2015
Wherein Alibi readers write. Topics range from The [nuevomexicano] Dead to the nascent NM manufacturing industry and reminiscences of the ABQ jazz scene of yesteryear.
V.23 No.51 | 12/18/2014
Wherein the readers write. This week’s subjects include Chaco Canyon, fracking and navigating New Mexico’s “Wild West” driving culture.
V.23 No.41 | 10/9/2014
Wherein the readers write.
V.23 No.34 | 8/21/2014
Wherein Alibi readers write—about violence in Albuquerque, the brutality of boxing and the environmental apathy of baby boomers.
V.23 No.28 | 7/10/2014
Wherein a reader writes in protest of Alibi coverage of American rock musician Ted Nugent, and the Alibi clarifies the intent behind a controversial cover illustration.
V.23 No.23 | 6/5/2014
Wherein the readers write about dearly departed Alibi alum Michael Henningsen and the importance of the Democratic gubernatorial candidate outcome in the primary election.
V.23 No.22 | 5/29/2014
CC BY Dank Depot
Wherein the readers write about legalizing/decriminalizing marijuana and bringing equity to the primaries.
V.23 No.20 | 5/15/2014
CC BY Steve Jurvetson
Wherein the readers write ... about nepotism in New Mexico and the Tesla gigafactory and legalizing marijuana.
V.23 No.19 | 5/8/2014
Wherein the readers write ... about graffiti and APD.
V.23 No.18 | 5/1/2014
Wherein Weekly Alibi readers write. This week’s feedback was concentrated on APD, psychogeography, graffiti, basketball and Asa Mullins. (P.S. Commenting on alibi.com is easier than ever: Join the conversation.)
V.23 No.16 | 4/17/2014
Wherein a reader critiques the advocacy journalism of Alibi media partner La Jicarita.
V.23 No.15 | 4/10/2014
Compfight cc via eggrole
Wherein the readers write—about legalizing recreational use of marijuana in New Mexico, informing consumers about GMOs and dealing with the problem of police violence in Albuquerque.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Hands Up at Tricklock Performance Laboratory
A personal and political response to the deaths of unarmed black people, examining the long tenuous relationship between African-Americans and law enforcement.
Ermine & Ebony • Siamese • Chicharra • glam, metal at Low Spirits
Running 505 Fundraiser Night at Flying Star CaféMore Recommended Events ››