V.23 No.28 |
The Daily Word in ride-sharing rules, AR-15s and Steely Dan
In Alibi-centric news: We clarified our critical and satirical intentions in response to an anti-Ted Nugent missive. Perhaps more importantly, we published loads of excellent new content. If you're saving the print ish for weekend reading, scope highlights like
In other local media news, KRQE News 13 faces backlash from viewers for their description of undocumented immigrants as "illegal immigrants" who carry disease. KUNM reports on the City's new public records fee schedule.
The New Mexico Public Regulation Commission has directed its staff to revamp the rules that impact ride-sharing services like Lyft and Uber. And there was much rejoicing ...
North Valley residents express concern over a proposed waste transfer station.
Have you ever wondered whether sellers of New Mexico properties must disclose natural deaths, homicides or suicides that occurred on premises? The answer is no.
New Mexico lands on another list that's nothing to brag about, being among the top five states with the highest percentage of uninsured residents.
A public relations survey sez Albuquerque is the sixth-most attractive city to border state millennials, owing to its "ethnic, affordable and youthful" vibe.
KOB Eyewitness News 4 reports that APD is all set to purchase 350 AR-15 rifles from a local vendor.
People born on July 10 include Nikola Tesla, Marcel Proust, Tura Satana, Ronnie James Dio, Zoogz Rift and Sofía Vergara.
V.20 No.2 | 1/13/2011
Fun with stock photos
See images of 40 things that make seniors happy.
V.19 No.14 |
Courtesy of National Hispanic Cultural Center
Yay for Albuquerque!
NHCC Included in Frommer's Global Must-See List
We all know how amazing NHCC is—beautiful exhibits, fabulous programming, breathtaking premises. And now, if it didn't before, the whole world knows, too. Or at least, the Frommer's-reading world.
In a little feature called "9 Must-See Museum Exhibits Around The World," NHCC is listed among the internationally-renowned likes of the Tate (London) and the Pompidou (Paris). Not bad, Burque. Not bad at all.
Now. Let's get NMSO on some lists* with the New York Philharmonic and New Mexico Ballet Co noted alongside the Russian National Ballet, and we'll be all set.
V.19 No.1 | 1/7/2010
Best and Worst of 2009
The year in New Mexico drugs, murders, scandals and achievements
V.18 No.52 | 12/24/2009
Top 10 Reasons Lists Are the Worst
10. I read most every one I come across.
9. They never have me on them. I have not made any lists. Neither have you, probably. We are nothing if we’re not listed. I’m not even listed in the phone book.
8. Writers are fierce know-it-alls who want their list to be individualized but not too out of step with what other writers are writing. Safety is dull.
7. Will someone please make a list of the worst Top 10 lists?
6. Why do we chunk out time this way anyway? 10 years are just 10 years. I want to see a list of the best movies of the last 17 years.
5. Lists tell what you already know and talk about people who’ve already saturated a layer of your brain. Where’s the list of stuff I don’t know about?
4. Michael Jackson will be on every list. Even unrelated lists. Like, “Top 10 Shapes Most Often Spotted in Hamburger Patties” will have MJ as No. 1.
3. So will Tiger Woods.
2. So will Obama.
1. Lists are reductive.
Pawn Drive • folk, Americana at Corrales Bistro Brewery
Christmas at the Yucca Vista at Aux Dog Theatre
Yule Gathering at Abitha's ApothecaryMore Recommented Events ››