V.22 No.6 |
The Daily Word in gun control, papal possibilities and the thigh gap
Governor Martinez is backing a bill that would require background checks for gun show purchases.
There is a public information meeting about the Paseo Del Norte/I-25 project.
How Arnold Schwarzenegger enjoyed Carnaval.
There was an emergency alert issued in Montana yesterday.
Things are getting less salty.
The thigh gap.
Did North Korea just blow up a nuclear bomb?
The fugitive LAPD cop may have gotten out of the country.
V.21 No.37 | 9/13/2012
The Daily Word in Bill Clinton, Genesis and Zozobra
I-25 / Paseo overhaul will be on the ballot in November.
Are you going to Zozobra tonight?
Doug Vaughan sentenced to 12 years for Ponzi scheme.
UNM considers making Lobo Village booze-free.
Ex-President Clinton at the DNC, a recap.
Wheelchair rugby players are rock stars.
Does email cause stress?
Freddie Mercury’s private cultural identity.
Prog awards honor Genesis.
Hungarian artist makes a subway stop magical.
Voyager’s getting close to the edge of the solar system.
NASA’s Sunita Williams fixes the International Space Station with a toothbrush.
Jennifer Aniston’s going to be in a movie shooting in New Mexico soon.
V.21 No.2 | 1/12/2012
What the city wants
The Mayor’s Office released yesterday afternoon a list of legislative priorities for 2012. Albuquerque’s asking for:
• A law that would allow cities and counties to ban fireworks sales
• A law that criminalizes organized retail theft where stolen merchandise is resold on the black market
• $50 million for the I-25/Paseo interchange
• $500,000 to clean up trash along I-40 and I-25
• Adding a Silver Alert for Albuquerque to the state’s Amber Alert system. This could help the families of seniors who struggle with dementia or Alzheimer’s find their loved ones if they go missing.
Library of Sands • William Fowler Collins at Burt's Tiki Lounge
Legends from the Land of Enchantment at Teatro Paraguas
The Cosmology of Qigong at MogaDao InstituteMore Recommented Events ››