V.25 No.50 | 12/15/2016
The Daily Word in Antibiotic Resistance, Space Pie and Snowflakes
By Joshua Lee [ Sat Dec 17 2016 10:26 AM ]
Science on gift-giving: Worry less about how cool the reveal will be, and more about whether or not the receiver will still be using your gift in the future.
Some pie enthusiasts launched a meat and potatoes pie into space to see if the structural changes brought about by extreme physical duress would make it easier to eat. It is thought the pie will freeze on its ascent and be cooked on re-entry.
A one million dollar NASA-funded satellite system was unveiled this week that can track the movement of glaciers and ice sheets around the world. Try denying that one.
“We are about to reach the point where more antibiotics will be consumed by farm animals worldwide than by humans,” says Mark Woolhouse, of the University of Edinburgh. Meaning: More antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Yay!
Check out the first footage ever captured of the prehistoric ghost shark!
Remember making paper snowflakes? I did, but only vaguely. Then I looked it up. See what I found!
V.20 No.46 | 11/17/2011
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Pie
Squash dishes you’ll eat for pleasure, not duty
By Ari LeVaux
Winter squash—along with turkey, eggnog and perhaps your crazy aunt Bertha—reserves a place at most holiday tables. But unlike the others, there’s a seasonal reason for squash being there. And by seasonal, I don't mean the holiday season.
V.19 No.27 | 7/8/2010
Ten Delicious Recipes For Any Occasion
By Nick Brown [ Fri Jul 16 2010 11:01 AM ]
1) Jerked Beef Sandwich: beef jerky on white bread with ketchup.
2) Pickle Frowns: sliced pickles with spray cheese frowny faces drawn on them.
3) Cheerio Water: a glass of warm water with a single Cheerio dropped in it.
4) Surprise Cornbread: the surprise is there’s a bunch of plastic army men baked inside.
5) Spillers: I intentionally spill my Cheerio Water.
6) Western-Style Eggs: I make you eat a hard-boiled egg at gunpoint while wearing a cowboy hat.
7) Inside Out Rabbit: tomato soup in a fur-lined bowl.
8) Caché du Joel: I hide in your house and sing Billy Joel songs.
9) Don’t Eat ‘Ems: they’re poison.
10) Dream Pie: invisible pie that exists only in thought.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Raincloud Mobile Kids Craft at South Broadway Library
Spanish Olive Oil Tasting at National Hispanic Cultural CenterMore Recommended Events ››