V.20 No.46 | 11/17/2011
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Pie
Squash dishes you’ll eat for pleasure, not duty
By Ari LeVaux
Winter squash—along with turkey, eggnog and perhaps your crazy aunt Bertha—reserves a place at most holiday tables. But unlike the others, there’s a seasonal reason for squash being there. And by seasonal, I don't mean the holiday season.
V.19 No.27 | 7/8/2010
Ten Delicious Recipes For Any Occasion
By Nick Brown [ Fri Jul 16 2010 11:01 AM ]
1) Jerked Beef Sandwich: beef jerky on white bread with ketchup.
2) Pickle Frowns: sliced pickles with spray cheese frowny faces drawn on them.
3) Cheerio Water: a glass of warm water with a single Cheerio dropped in it.
4) Surprise Cornbread: the surprise is there’s a bunch of plastic army men baked inside.
5) Spillers: I intentionally spill my Cheerio Water.
6) Western-Style Eggs: I make you eat a hard-boiled egg at gunpoint while wearing a cowboy hat.
7) Inside Out Rabbit: tomato soup in a fur-lined bowl.
8) Caché du Joel: I hide in your house and sing Billy Joel songs.
9) Don’t Eat ‘Ems: they’re poison.
10) Dream Pie: invisible pie that exists only in thought.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Rubi Ate The Fig • Middle Eastern rock at The Cooperage
ABQ Hispano Chamber of Commerce: August Biz Gratis at Rio Bravo Brewing Company
Corrales Growers' Market at Corrales Growers' MarketMore Recommended Events ››