V.20 No.46 | 11/17/2011
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Pie
Squash dishes you’ll eat for pleasure, not duty
By Ari LeVaux
Winter squash—along with turkey, eggnog and perhaps your crazy aunt Bertha—reserves a place at most holiday tables. But unlike the others, there’s a seasonal reason for squash being there. And by seasonal, I don't mean the holiday season.
V.19 No.27 | 7/8/2010
Ten Delicious Recipes For Any Occasion
By Nick Brown [ Fri Jul 16 2010 11:01 AM ]
1) Jerked Beef Sandwich: beef jerky on white bread with ketchup.
2) Pickle Frowns: sliced pickles with spray cheese frowny faces drawn on them.
3) Cheerio Water: a glass of warm water with a single Cheerio dropped in it.
4) Surprise Cornbread: the surprise is there’s a bunch of plastic army men baked inside.
5) Spillers: I intentionally spill my Cheerio Water.
6) Western-Style Eggs: I make you eat a hard-boiled egg at gunpoint while wearing a cowboy hat.
7) Inside Out Rabbit: tomato soup in a fur-lined bowl.
8) Caché du Joel: I hide in your house and sing Billy Joel songs.
9) Don’t Eat ‘Ems: they’re poison.
10) Dream Pie: invisible pie that exists only in thought.
The Martens and Friends at UNM Keller Recital Hall
¡Baile! Cuban Salsa Casino del Rueda Dance Classes at National Hispanic Cultural CenterMore Recommended Events ››