V.23 No.22 | 5/29/2014
Men of Dishonor
Review by Suzanne Buck
An Officer and a Spy
J'accuse! The Dreyfus Affair gets a thrilling treatment in Robert Harris’ latest spy-riffic historical novel.
V.22 No.19 |
The Daily Word in the Bobcat Bite, peacocks in heat, spies and Mayan pyramids
By Geoffrey Plant [ Tue May 14 2013 8:07 AM ]
At the Albuquerque Zoo, a peacock attacked a two year old kid.
Albuquerque's new recycling plant is almost open.
Rep. Steve Pearce wants to change the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant's mission.
Santa Fe's famous Bobcat Bite restaurant is losing it's current operators after a dispute with the property owner.
The Russians claim to have captured an American spy.
The Department of Justice seized a HUGE number of Associated Press phone records from April and May.
This man spent the night in a grocery store.
This man seems to have found a copy of Coca-Cola's secret recipe. It is now on eBay.
Apparently in Belize it is not uncommon for ancient Mayan pyramids and mounds to be bulldozed and used for road-building material.
Contrary to popular claims, piracy is not killing the entertainment industry.
Here's another Chinese Ghost Mall.
If you live in L.A. you can go see a 35mm screening of the excellent film Manson. Otherwise, enjoy the trailer.
The Mayor of Osaka, Japan claims enslaved prostitutes were necessary during WWII.
V.19 No.50 |
The Daily Word 12.17.10: Bus Crash, ecstasy, rabbits eat lights
By John Bear [ Fri Dec 17 2010 9:36 AM ]
Cattle hauler and bus collide in Lincoln County.
Former APD officer found guilty of felony.
Somebody shot the Taos police pony.
Rabbit eats man's Christmas lights.
Actor from 40-Year-Old Virgin sentenced to life in prison.
Larry King says 'Aloha.'
Spy flees Pakistan after name revealed in law suit.
Police release 'Grim Sleeper' photos.
Happy Birthday, Chris Matthews, Eugene Levy and Milla Jovovich.
Police seize 700,000 tabs of MDMA. My weekend is blown.
V.19 No.23 | 6/10/2010
Ten Spy Tricks You Can Use in Real Life
By Nick Brown [ Tue Jun 29 2010 12:56 PM ]
1) When you’re driving, turn on your blinker and slow down like you’re going to turn, but then keep driving straight.
2) You can pretend to drink from a glass by tilting the liquid toward your lips while keeping your lips closed. The charade becomes foolproof when you say “Ahhh” after each pretend sip.
3) Changing your appearance is an important tactic for throwing people off your trail. Enter a public restroom then immediately exit with a hat on.
4) Spies surreptitiously pass cryptic, coded notes to one another; it requires practice. Try passing notes to strangers and acquaintances then deny having done so.
5) Pretend Talking (a.k.a. Non-Talkies) is an important skill to accomplish with your trusted comrades. Move your mouth, gesture with your hands and nod thoughtfully as though engaged in lively conversation, but take care that neither of you make a sound. Pretend Talking is most effective when performed in an automobile or at a crowded cocktail party.
6) Cut a large hole in the front page of a newspaper then laugh silently as you monitor the room; you appear to be engrossed in reading.
7) See what’s happening at the table behind you by holding up a small mirror. You’ll usually want to focus on one person’s face for several minutes.
8) Even if you don’t have any spy gadgets at your disposal, the other spies don’t need to know that. Keep counterintelligence on their toes by speaking into a pencil. “Forgive me, comrade, but we must communicate another time. I need petrol for my autobus.”
9) Take advantage of the cover provided by your natural surroundings. Never walk in a straight line when it’s possible to dart from tree to doorway.
10) Identify other spies with the Secret Handshake: wiggle your fingers like a captured spider.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Petroglyph Pláticas: Revolution, Renaissance and Transformation at Oñate Monument and Visitors Center
Sharman Russell speaks about the new world of citizen science.
New Mexico Gay Men's Chorus Auditions at Sandia High School
Danava • psychedelic rock • The Shrine • punk at LaunchpadMore Recommended Events ››