David Hevener of Gnossurrus
David Hevener is a preschool teacher and the guitarist, vocalist and mystic rattle player for Santa Fe’s Gnossurrus. The robe-cloaked mystic-prophecy metal band is releasing its first album, Beast of Destiny, this Saturday at Burt’s. To get a feel for some of Gnossurrus’ inspiration, take a look-see at five random tracks from Hevener’s collection.
1) Magma • "Köhntarkösz, Part 2" • Köhntarkösz
“True prophets of opera metal from another planet, Magma is a must-have. A Gnossurrus progenitor discovered after we'd begun.”
2) Slough Feg • "Simian Manifesto" • Ape Uprising!
“A band that taps into the same resurgent atavistic wisdom from which the Beast of Destiny was born—and have fucking fun doing it.”
3) Hammers of Misfortune • "The Prophesy Has Two Meanings" • The Bastard
“Epic, complex, visionary, theatrical thrash metal from San Francisco. It satisfies. It inspires. Total music.”
4) Manilla Road • "The Riddle Master" • Crystal Logic
“O.G. underground fantasy metal from Wichita, Kan. Feel their lust for drama rumble between your thighs.”
5) Melvins • "The Smiling Cobra” • Nude with Boots
“No one masters idiosyncrasy, heaviness and knee-jerk rhythms like these legendary diehards.”
Mike Mago • house at Effex
B Wrap Babeh • Sorry Guero! • Paingwino at Duke City Sound StageMore Recommented Events ››