Random tracks from Kirsten Allard, drummer for Red Light Cameras
Red Light Cameras is a pretty new Burque rock outfit. Following the band’s last show a couple of weeks ago, murmurs floated about the exterior of Burt’s Tiki Lounge regarding how hard the group rocked. Catch Red Light Cameras again on Thursday, March 3, at Low Spirits with Shoulder Voices and Jenny Invert. We asked Kirsten Allard, the band’s drummer, to put her music library on shuffle. Here is what was found.
1) “I Don't Want No Trouble” • John Lee Hooker • Live at the Cafe Au-Go-Go
“An American staple, this is quintessential. This IS the blues!”
2) “Paint It, Black” • The Rolling Stones • Live Licks
“This song feels like riding a horse into the future.”
3) “It Stops With Me” • The Hot Club of Cowtown • Ghost Train
“Some West Coast swing that goes down like a smooth red wine.”
4) “Kuku” • Mamady Keïta • Wassolon
“Tapping directly into the roots of rock and roll. West African percussion.”
5) “Midnight Rider” • Willie Nelson • The Electric Horseman [soundtrack]
“What's better than Willie covering this American classic?”
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
The Barbed Wires • soul, blues at Mine Shaft Tavern
The Bastards • punk rock • Typical Hairless Ape • Punctured Muffler • Crunch Buries at Burts Tiki LoungeMore Recommended Events ››