Pride-Time Disco Nap
Ten mellow, bittersweet, gay songs
Pride can be exhausting—perhaps you need a disco nap?
Go ahead and make a cup of chamomile and take a break from the shimmer and feathers and accelerated BPMs with this relaxed mix of songs sung by gay men.
1) "All Alright” • Sigur Rós • Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
Frosty, homosexual Vegenaise from Iceland
2) “Fabulous Muscles” • Xiu Xiu • Fabulous Muscles
Emotive vocals, acoustic guitar, graphic depiction of fellatio
3) “Twilight At Carbon Lake” • Deerhunter • Microcastle
Self-loathing over layers of sound
4) “He Hit Me” • Grizzly Bear • “Friend”
A male-sung cover of The Crystals’ violent classic
5) “Strange Currencies” • R.E.M. • Monster
A song about falling in love
6) “All My Little Words” • The Magnetic Fields • 69 Love Songs
A song about jilted love
7) “Music Is My Boyfriend” • The Hidden Cameras • Mississauga Goddam
A song about music as a lover
8) “Chelsea Hotel No. 2” • Rufus Wainwright • Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man (Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Rufus covers Leonard’s song about his lover, Janis.
9) “Fistful of Love” • Antony and the Johnsons (with Lou Reed) • I Am a Bird Now
A song about masochistic love
10) “Your Song” • Elton John • Greatest Hits
And now we’re ready to go back to Pride.
Listen to this mix at bit.ly/pridedisconap
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Old-Time Music Jam Circle • Virginia Creepers at Tractor Brewing Taproom
Desdemona • folk at Blue Grasshopper Brew Pub Taproom
Karaoke at First Turn Lounge @ The Downs CasinoMore Recommended Events ››