Answer Me This
By Marisa Demarco
The news just keeps on coming. Some days you pay attention. Some days you don't. Look here in every Alibi to quiz yourself about what's going on in your community.
1) A Community Safety Commission voted in favor of a fully armed APS police department. The decision now rests in the hands of:
a. The voters—parents and community members
d. The school board
2) 50,000 scratcher games were mailed out by a Roswell car dealership with a misprint. Each and every scratcher mistakenly yielded a prize of:
3) A new species of dinosaur was dug up among a bed of fossils in New Mexico. This may topple which long-held theory?
a. Dinosaurs came to power via some huge lucky break that obliterated most of their competition.
b. Dinosaurs went extinct because a giant asteroid hit the Earth.
c. Dinosaurs hatched from eggs.
d. Dinosaurs ate pandas and puppies like candy.
4) Sandoval County did some exploratory drilling and discovered a possible source of water in the Rio Puerco (50,000 acre feet per year for 100 years). This would be really great for which three towns in Sandoval County:
a. Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos
b. Rio Rancho, Bernalillo and Corrales
c. Deming, Hatch and Las Cruces
e. Durango, Pagosa Springs and Cortez
1) D. The Albuquerque school board will decide whether officers will bring guns into schools. Though similar measures have been shot down in the past, three out of seven board members have already said they're open to it this time.
2) C. Everyone who played the scratcher thought they pocketed a grand. But since it was just a typo, they got $5 Wal-Mart certificates instead. Poor Roswellians.
3) A. The new bones suggest dinosaurs rose to dominance gradually. Until the discovery, there was a gap between dinosaurs and their ancestors, so it seemed as though dinosaurs burst onto the evolutionary scene suddenly. But this dig uncovered both ancestors and dinosaurs side by side.
4) B. Rio Rancho, Bernalillo and Corrales all exist within Sandoval County lines.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Fighting Scherloderma Fundraiser For Keanon Strong at Flying Star Café
A percentage of the nights' proceeds go to local group working to bring awareness about Scherloderma and help 8-year-old Keanon with his battle against the disease.
Three Feathers Star Quilts and RezBall Affiliate Open House Showcase at RBA & 3 Feathers Shop
Hora de Cuentos: Bilingual Preschool Storytime at National Hispanic Cultural CenterMore Recommended Events ››