Answer Me This
By Simon McCormack
What has workers at abortion clinics citywide on high alert? Why was a fire department dispatcher arrested for? How did Albuquerque make a national list? Why is a Santa Fe County sheriff’s sergeant suing?
1) Two abortion clinics were damaged on Christmas Day. What destructive device was found on the roof of one of them?
a. A gun
b. A hunting knife
c. A Molotov cocktail
d. A deactivated bomb hidden inside a plastic doll
2) An Albuquerque Fire Department dispatcher was arrested because police said he ...
a. Got in a bar fight
b. Was involved in an underground cockfighting ring
c. Was driving while intoxicated
d. Called his girlfriend a whore
3) What Albuquerque high school(s) made US News and World Report's list of the nation's best?
a. La Cueva
d. Both a and c
e. All of the above
4) Why is a Santa Fe County Sheriff's sergeant suing his department?
a. Because they won't give him an assistant.
b. Because he was allegedly given racial slurs as nicknames.
c. Because the gun the department gave him malfunctioned.
d. All of the above.
1) C. Damage at both abortion clinics was minimal according to Albuquerque Fire Department officials. The Molotov cocktail was found on the roof of the Planned Parenthood office at 701 San Mateo NE. A second Planned Parenthood at 3625 Central NE had some of its windows broken. The two incidents came on the heels of another attack on an Albuquerque abortion clinic near the 800 block of Encino NE three weeks ago, in which a fire destroyed the building. Sergio Baca, 22, and Chad Altman, 25, were arrested on Thursday, Dec. 27, in connection to the first incident.
2) A. Patrick Alonzo Chavez, 44, was arrested for disorderly conduct at a bar in Nob Hill after he refused to calm down when a police officer confronted him about his disruptive behavior, according to police. Chavez has been with the Albuquerque Fire Department for 20 years.
3) E. No Albuquerque school was given a Gold Star for being one of the top 100 high schools in the country, but La Cueva and Sandia were among 406 schools given Silver Stars, and Eldorado was one of 1,086 schools who received a Bronze Star.
4) B. In addition to saying he was called “chief, peyote and deer dancer,” Sgt. James Naranjo also alleges he was passed over for promotions because he's Native American. The lawsuit seeks $150,000 in damages. The department withheld comment on the incident.
91st Burning of Will Shuster's Zozobra at Fort Marcy Park
Zozobra is a unique cultural event staged each year by the Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe as a fiery and exciting kick-off to the annual Fiestas de Santa Fe.
Beyond Meditation: Community HU Chant at Eckankar Center
BioVan and Rio Ranger Volunteer Training at ABQ BioPark Botanic GardenMore Recommented Events ››