Answer Me This
Who resigned after making an incendiary racial remark? A Powerball ticket worth how much was sold in the state? New Mexico has a new ... ? What wreaked havoc on three Santa Fe art galleries?
1) Who stepped down after commenting that Hispanics feel superior to African-Americans?
a. A state congressman
b. The GOP chairman of Bernalillo County
c. The Democratic chairman of Sandoval County
d. A state senator
2) A winning multimillion-dollar Powerball ticket was sold in New Mexico. How much is it worth?
a. $16.9 million
b. $56.9 million
c. $106.9 million
d. $206.9 million
3) The state just hired a ...
a. District attorney
b. Chief public defender
c. Bureau of Elections director
d. Head health inspector
4) What damaged thousands of dollars’ worth of paintings?
a. A sewage flood
b. A fire
c. An insect infestation
d. A gang of vandals
1) B. Fernando C de Baca, the Bernalillo County chairman of the Republican Party, resigned after making a controversial remark about race on the BBC. C de Baca opined that Hispanics would not vote for an African-American president because they considered themselves "above Blacks." C de Baca says he resigned because his comment received so much media attention, which has taken the focus off the presidential election. He also says his words were taken out of context and that he was referring to the views held by some Hispanics who grew up before the civil rights movement. He adds that he supports equal rights for all Americans.
2) D. A Powerball lottery prize of $206.9 million has yet to be claimed as of the morning of Monday, Sept. 29. The ticket was sold in New Mexico and is the fifth multimillion-dollar ticket sold in the state since it joined the Powerball network in 1996.
3) C. Santa Fe attorney Gerald Gonzalez is the state's new director of the Bureau of Elections. He steps into the position shortly after Jim Noel, the son-in-law of Rep. Tom Udall, decided not to take the job in early September. Republicans criticized Noel’s hire because of his ties to Udall. Gonzalez also has connections to Udall, who is running against Rep. Steve Pearce in the race for Sen. Pete Domenici’s seat. Gonzalez was the chief of staff in Udall's Washington, D.C., congressional office from 1998 to 2000. He also worked for Udall from 1995 to 1998 when Udall was the state attorney general.
4) A. Three Santa Fe art galleries were flooded by sewage, which damaged art worth thousands of dollars. City crews were backflushing fire hydrants when grease, rocks and dirt clogged sewage lines, causing the water to flood the galleries. The city's insurance will only cover $200,000 of the damage.
Nyet Means Nyet: A Redline on Ukraine at The Forum
Manzano High School Class of 1965 50th Reunion at Hotel Albuquerque
Journeys to Tantric Bliss at The SourceMore Recommented Events ››