What did a Republican chairperson call Obama? How many years did a fake psychologist get? What kind of pay are Albuquerque's educational assistants seeking? A Silver City woman is being evicted because ...
1) The chairperson of the Republican Women of Otero County says Obama is ...
a. A tax-and-spend liberal
b. An inexperienced, phony politician
c. A Muslim socialist
d. Both a and c
2) A man who was convicted of pretending to be a psychologist in order to sexually abuse minors was sentenced to how many years in prison?
3) How much are education aids asking to be paid?
a. One-third of what teachers make
b. Half of what teachers make
c. Three-fourths of what teachers make
d. Four-fifths of what teachers make
4) Why is a Silver City resident being kicked out of her apartment?
a. She possessed medical marijuana.
b. She hoarded cats.
c. She cooked meth.
d. She used a racial slur.
1) C. In a letter to the Alamogordo Daily News, Chairperson Marcia Stirman calls Sen. Barack Obama a "Muslim socialist." The letter also says, "I believe Muslims are our enemies." The Republican Women of Otero County has asked Stirman to resign.
2) D. A fake psychologist was sentenced to 66 years in prison. Louis Daprano, 59, was convicted of three counts of criminal sexual contact with a minor, two counts of practicing medicine without a license, 43 counts of practicing psychology without a license, extortion and attempt to commit a felony. These acts took place between April and June of 2004 in Albuquerque.
3) B. The Albuquerque educational assistants union is asking to be paid half of a teacher salary. Teaching aides make $12,000 annually. The union wants to be paid on a three-tiered salary schedule based on experience and qualifications. The base salaries would be $15,000, $20,000 and $25,000 a year.
4) A. A woman was evicted from her apartment for possessing medical marijuana. The woman is enrolled in the state's medical cannabis program, which allows her to have four mature marijuana plants under state law. The woman's landlord says having marijuana violates the lease, which requires a "drug-free environment." The woman is paralyzed from the waist down and suffers severe spasms.