You can now take off at the Sunport and land where? What did police find at a construction site on the West Mesa? What film will be shot in New Mexico? And How is UNM dealing with the recession?
1) Passengers can now fly directly from Albuquerque to which city?
a. The Big Apple
b. Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
c. Chihuahua, Mexico
d. Hobbs, N.M.
2) What did officers discover in an area being developed by KB Home?
a. Two kilos of cocaine
b. The remains of three women
c. A hundred analog television sets
d. Two children's backpacks
3) What film will begin shooting in New Mexico in March?
a. The Killer Inside Me
b. A Time to Kill 2: What Time Is It?
c. Beyond Paradise
d. Wallflower Blues
4) What steps is UNM taking to cope with the recession?
a. Asking employees to take voluntary furloughs
b. Maintaining a partial hiring freeze
c. Implementing a ticket-surcharge on athletic events
d. All of the above
1) C. Travelers can now fly from Albuquerque to Chihuahua, Mexico. The Sunport's first commercial international flight took off Monday, Feb. 9. The state's Tourism Department says visitors from Mexico will help boost the state’s economy by shopping, skiing and trying their luck at casinos in the Land of Enchantment.
2) B. The remains of three women were found at a construction site on the West Mesa. Police say the women were taken to the area between 2003 and 2004, probably by the same person. The Office of the Medical Investigator will perform autopsies on the bodies.
3) A. Kate Hudson, Casey Affleck and Jessica Alba star in The Killer Inside Me, which will begin filming in New Mexico next month. Up to 30 locals will be hired to help with the movie about a small town sheriff with a mysterious illness.
4) D. UNM is asking employees to take voluntary unpaid leave, keeping a partial hiring freeze in place and instituting a ticket surcharge for sporting events. These measures are meant to lessen the blow from the recession.