Answer Me This
Soon you may be prescribed cannabis for what condition? How did a Bernalillo official spend citizens' cash? Court records say this guy ducked his DWI trial by ... . And who is commending the state for doing away with capital punishment?
1) Which of these is a condition the state might add to the medical marijuana treatment list?
c. Rheumatoid arthritis
d. Severe menstrual cramps
2) Bernalillo's town manager spent $45,000 of taxpayer money on ...
a. Booze, Cinderella reunion concerts and having his hair blown out
b. Starbucks, restaurants and gas
c. Air travel, tickets to sporting events and escort agencies
d. Halloween decorations, punch and actors for his elaborate haunted house
3) How did a defendant try to avoid drunk driving fatality charges, according to court records?
a. By filing an obituary for himself
b. By hopping the border into Juárez
c. By taking on his deceased twin's identity
d. By drifting into a little town and making his living as an anonymous farmhand
4) Who is stoked that New Mexico repealed the death penalty?
a. Michael Jordan
b. Clint Eastwood
c. President Obama
d. Pope Benedict XVI
1. C. If New Mexico follows the recommendation of a medical advisory board, it will add eight ailments to the 14 that can be treated under the medical cannabis program. The new conditions would be: chronic muscle inflammation with muscle weakness, severe osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, reactive arthritis, post-polio syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and severe chronic pain.
2. B. Former town manager Stephen Jerge used a taxpayer-funded MasterCard on stops for coffee, dining out and gassing up his car. Mayor Patricia Chavez put her stamp of approval on all the expenses. He racked up the bill over the course of three years. The state auditor is examining the expenses.
3. A. Court records show the fugitive's obituary appeared in the Journal a month ago. His attorney says she was contacted the next day by his wife, who was crying and saying the defendant died in a car crash. The man is facing charges after a 2006 crash in Edgewood that killed a woman. He was discovered in a jail in Lincoln County.
4. D. Gov. Bill Richardson traveled to Rome to meet with Pope Benedict XVI and witness the lighting of the Roman Coliseum in honor of New Mexico ending capital punishment. The Community of Sant'Egidio, a Catholic peace organization, conducted the lighting ceremony.
Near North Valley Neighborhood Association Annual Meeting at Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Displays and information about community projects such as the Alameda Drain and Trail Master Plan, the development of the Albuquerque Indian School Campus and more.
Open Public Meditation Sitting at Albuquerque Shambhala Center
Sensual Bondage: Ropework To Enhance Your Sex Life at Self ServeMore Recommended Events ››