Answer Me This
What do police say was the weapon of choice in a robbery? Why are meth labs on the rise? What sparked a violent confrontation? And who visited New Mexico last weekend?
1) According to Albuquerque police, a man held up a pharmacy with a ...
a. BB gun
b. Roll of quarters
d. Plastic knife
2) Law enforcement officials say meth labs are on the rise in New Mexico because of what?
a. An increase in demand locally
b. The recession
c. Poor anti-drug-smuggling strategies
d. Mexican drug cartels
3) What do police say prompted a vicious attack?
a. Crack cocaine
b. Loud music
c. A baseball game
d. Road rage
4) Who made a few pit stops in New Mexico?
a. Basketball star Magic Johnson
b. Pop sensation Britney Spears
c. Peace activist Cindy Sheehan
d. Magician David Blaine
1) A. A man wielded a BB gun to hold up a pharmacy, according to police reports, and demanded a pharmacist at the Walgreens on Menaul and Eubank fill a bag with Xanax, Valium and OxyContin. The pharmacist wrote a note saying the store was being robbed, police say, and posted it where a customer could see it. A customer called APD, and the BB gunman was arrested outside the store.
2) D. District Attorney Kari Brandenburg says the number of meth labs has more than doubled between 2007 and 2008 due to Mexican drug cartels. Law enforcement officials say the Mexican government is cracking down on meth labs in its country, forcing cartels to find other places, like New Mexico, to make the product. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano increased protection in New Mexico by adding two border enforcement security task forces at the state's Mexican border.
3) B. A man knocked on his neighbor's door to tell him to turn his music down, and the neighbor attacked him, according to Santa Fe police. The complaining neighbor is now in the hospital, and the accused attacker is in police custody. The mother of the man accused of the attack says he suffers from bipolar disorder and anxiety.
4) C. Cindy Sheehan gave talks at several locations in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos last weekend. Sheehan became well known throughout America after she created "Camp Casey," a site outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas. Sheehan set up the camp after her son, Casey Sheehan, was killed in Iraq in 2004. While in New Mexico, the peace activist spoke about the need for nonviolent revolution and expressed her disappointment that President Obama is sending more troops to Afghanistan and keeping armed forces in Iraq.
Winter Wonder Activities at ¡Explora!
Enjoy special creative activities in the Experiment Bar, make your own take-home art object in the Woodworking Workshop and more.
Trolley of Lights at ABQ Trolley Co. @ Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Hands-Only CPR Training at Fire Department Station 20More Recommented Events ››