Answer Me This
Which company announced it will be doling out layoffs? Why did a mom say she was shoplifting? What did a 6-year-old girl want for her birthday? Why is a man facing 18 felony counts?
1) Which company is handing pink slips to New Mexico workers?
a. General Electric
2) What reason did a mother give police for shoplifting?
a. She didn't have enough money to pay for her kids' clothes.
b. She had been laid off and her husband had just left her.
c. Her baby had explosive diarrhea, and she needed diapers ASAP.
d. Child support payments from her former partner were late in arriving.
3) What did a girl request for her birthday?
a. A pony
b. That the economy make a swift and successful recovery
c. Dog food to take to an animal shelter
d. A private meeting with Gov. Bill Richardson
4) Why was a man slapped with 18 felony charges, according to police?
a. He is a serial burglar.
b. He hosted a party with underage drinkers.
c. He illegally downloaded thousands of dollars' worth of music.
d. He was found in possession of a cornucopia of illegal drugs.
1) D. Comcast announced it is laying off 160 Albuquerque call-center employees. Many of the jobs will be moved to a larger call center in Denver. In a news release, Comcast says the decision is a difficult one, but that it’s best for customers: "By investing in our larger, more technologically advanced call centers and standardizing care processes, we can bring the latest tools, technology and training to help our employees deliver the best possible customer experience."
2) A. Police say a woman told them she stole clothing for her kids because she couldn't afford to pay for the threads. The woman walked out of a Cottonwood Mall store with $700 worth of clothing, according to police. They also say the woman had $200 on her when she was arrested.
3) C. A 6-year-old youngster wanted to donate to Watermelon Mountain Ranch Animal Center for her birthday. She requested friends and family give her dog food and biscuits in lieu of presents. She and her mother donated 300 pounds of dog food to Watermelon Ranch.
4) B. After hosting a party where police say several minors were drinking, a 21-year-old man faces 18 counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Each count carries a maximum jail sentence of a year and a half. All 18 minors believed to be under the influence were given minor-in-possession citations.
Each month various local small businesses, primarily lead by women, set up shop selling anything from terrariums and '60s dresses to the perfect red lipstick.
Innovate ABQ at Albuquerque Museum of Art and History
A View of Bosque at Bosque SchoolMore Recommended Events ››