You, too, can be a star. What does Denzel eat when he's in town? Who's out of step with environmental health codes, according to the city? Why are a couple of South Valley kids bummed out?
1) Which reality television show is recruiting in Albuquerque?
a. "Top Chef"
b. "America's Next Top Telephone Operator"
c. "The Real Housewives of Albuquerque"
d. "The Real World 24"
2) A local chef prepared what animal to stand in for the house cat Denzel Washington eats in TheBook of Eli?
c. House cats
3) The Safe City Strike Force (an excellent band name) shut down two ...
c. Tattoo parlors
4) Why are South Valley siblings sad?
a. Someone broke into their home and stole their Christmas presents.
b. A gunman shot their puppy.
c. They lost a valuable family heirloom along the ditchbank near their house.
d. Their ice cream fell off the cone and into the street.
1) D. "The Real World 24" is scouring Albuquerque and many other cities for its next cast of back-stabbing, knuckle-busting, binge-drinking sexaholics. If you're within driving distance of Albuquerque, send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Albuquerque” in the subject heading, photos of yourself attached, a brief bio and your phone number. For more details, go to mtv.com/ontv/castingcall.
2) B. Matt Nichols, chef at Gold Street Caffè, roasted 12 rabbits to look like a house cat Washington eats in the post-apocalyptic tale. The Book of Eli was filmed in Carrizozo, N.M., the New Mexico State Penitentiary in Santa Fe, Albuquerque Studios, and Alcatraz Island in the San Francisco Bay.
4) B. The 1-year-old Chihuahua's name was Snoopy. According to Bernalillo County deputies, the puppy was in the front yard of their mobile home when a passerby shot it. The crime is considered extreme cruelty to animals, which means if deputies find the killer, that person could face jail time.