Answer Me This
You, too, can be a star. What does Denzel eat when he's in town? Who's out of step with environmental health codes, according to the city? Why are a couple of South Valley kids bummed out?
1) Which reality television show is recruiting in Albuquerque?
a. "Top Chef"
b. "America's Next Top Telephone Operator"
c. "The Real Housewives of Albuquerque"
d. "The Real World 24"
2) A local chef prepared what animal to stand in for the house cat Denzel Washington eats in The Book of Eli?
c. House cats
3) The Safe City Strike Force (an excellent band name) shut down two ...
c. Tattoo parlors
4) Why are South Valley siblings sad?
a. Someone broke into their home and stole their Christmas presents.
b. A gunman shot their puppy.
c. They lost a valuable family heirloom along the ditchbank near their house.
d. Their ice cream fell off the cone and into the street.
1) D. "The Real World 24" is scouring Albuquerque and many other cities for its next cast of back-stabbing, knuckle-busting, binge-drinking sexaholics. If you're within driving distance of Albuquerque, send an e-mail to rwcasting@bunim-
2) B. Matt Nichols, chef at Gold Street Caffè, roasted 12 rabbits to look like a house cat Washington eats in the post-apocalyptic tale. The Book of Eli was filmed in Carrizozo, N.M., the New Mexico State Penitentiary in Santa Fe, Albuquerque Studios, and Alcatraz Island in the San Francisco Bay.
3) C. Hot Spot Tattoo and Body Piercing, and Skin Deep Tattoo and Piercing were closed for violating heath and building code standards, says the Safe City Strike Force. Skin Deep did not have hot water or sterilization equipment, and Hot Spot didn't have an environmental health certificate or central heating, according to the city.
4) B. The 1-year-old Chihuahua's name was Snoopy. According to Bernalillo County deputies, the puppy was in the front yard of their mobile home when a passerby shot it. The crime is considered extreme cruelty to animals, which means if deputies find the killer, that person could face jail time.
A Night in the '40s: Big Band Swing at New Mexico Veterans Memorial
An evening of live big band swing with featured performers, The American Legion Band and The Dukes of Albuquerque.
Holiday Arts & Crafts Market at Sam's Club
A Dickens Christmas in Heartsville at Heights First Church of the NazareneMore Recommended Events ››