On St. Patrick’s Day, ¡Ask a Mexican! columnist Gustavo Arellano visited Blackbird Buvette in Downtown Albuquerque for a book-signing party with the Alibi. He was in the state gathering research for his next book, Taco USA: How Mexican Food Conquered America (And Soon, the World). An entire chapter will be devoted to New Mexico’s culinary ways. To honor the writer from Orange County and our neighbors to the south, we drank, we danced, we ate, we laughed, we acknowledged the disturbing similarities between the treatment of Irish immigrants in the 19th century and Mexicans today. And we drank some more. Fun and clever discourse abounded, and Arellano wisely got restaurant recommendations from the audience. We can’t wait until Arellano comes back in the fall.
Mexican St. Patrick’s Day in Photos
- Why the ¡Ask a Mexican! column has come to an end by Gustavo Arellano (10/26/2017)
- Three choice taco recipes by Anita Taco (04/18/2012)
- Ticket giveaway to tomorrow’s taco party! by Anita Taco (04/17/2012)
- ¡Half-price! tix to see Al Hurricane and Gustavo Arellano (04/13/2012)
- Hispano vs. Mexican by Marisa Demarco (03/15/2010)
- Dear Albuquerqueros: a message from Gustavo “The Mexican” Arellano (3/11/2010)