Answer Me This
1) How are criminals in Bernalillo County betraying their whereabouts?
a. By calling loved ones whose phones are tapped
b. With status updates on Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
c. By making calls with cell phones, which can be pinpointed via satellite
d. By using their correct addresses to adopt pets from the shelters
2) PETA ranked Albuquerque third on what list?
a. Top areas for emotionally adjusted pets
b. 20 best dog parks in the U.S.
c. Worst municipal shelters in the country
d. 10 most vegetarian- and vegan-friendly cities
3) What event may spur a change to Santa Fe’s city ordinances?
a. The World Naked Bike Ride held in June
b. The Christmas Hempapalooza
c. The Plaza Make Out Session on Valentine’s Day
d. The May 1 protests against Arizona’s SB 1070
4) A Las Cruces man was killed by police after rushing officers with ...
a. A gun
b. A toy gun
c. A samurai sword
d. A mace
1) B. KOB-4 did a quick search on social networking sites and found fugitives on the lam who had posted their locations in status updates. Some included photos of illegal activities, as well. The Albuquerque Police Department sometimes monitors such sites, according to the story.
2) D. The 505 followed only Washington, D.C., and Portland, Ore., in a list of cities with good restaurant options for vegans and vegetarians. The write-up on the animal rights organization’s site mentions Annapurna’s World Vegetarian Café, Fei’s Health Café, The Standard Diner and Flying Star Café.
3) A. After nearly naked cyclists took to the streets of the City Different in June, complaints rolled into Santa Fe’s City Council. The ride was intended to protest oil dependence and promote cyclist safety and visibility. About 20 riders participated with varying degrees of nudity. Some were fully clothed, and a few stripped down as far as the law would let them. In Santa Fe, only frontal genitals need be covered. A new rule has been proposed that would require coverage of booties and breasts, too.
4) C. A 23-year-old man waved a samurai sword at two cops in a hostile manner, according to police. One of the officers shot and killed him at an apartment complex in Las Cruces. The officers have been put on administrative leave.
Drop-In Holiday Card Craft at East Mountain Library
Use recycled materials to make beautiful holiday cards for your loved ones. All materials provided.
Story Time at Esther Bone Memorial Library
Santa Charlie Is In Albuquerque at Historic Old TownMore Recommented Events ››