Answer Me This
1) A semitruck full of what combusted on I-40?
a. Marshmallow Peeps
d. Lighter fluid
2) Why does the state's chief medical officer say she was forced to resign?
a. For speaking against vaccinations
b. For supporting medical cannabis
c. For promoting condom use among teens
d. For saying cancer is God's wrath
3) What kind of pet was an animal control officer forced to give up?
a. A baby alligator
b. A guard ostrich
c. A capuchin monkey like the one on "Friends"
d. A 20-foot-tall Venus flytrap
4) Why would Arizona's secretary of state take President Obama off the ballot?
a. He's racist.
b. The president missed the filing deadline.
c. He's not convinced Obama was born in the U.S.
d. He's unclear on the spelling of the president's name.
1) D. The truck full of lighter fluid burst into flames, shutting down parts of the interstate near Atrisco overnight. Two people were taken to the hospital for treatment of their minor injuries, but their dog perished in the blaze.
2) C. Dr. Erin Bouquin spoke about condom use in a TV interview and was suddenly asked to resign the same day, she says. The New Mexico Department of Health denies her allegation, and a spokesperson says the doc's ouster was the result of structural reorganization. Bouquin counters that she was told she wasn't meeting Gov. Susana Martinez' expectations.
3) A. A mini-gator named Chomper was in the care of BernCo Animal Care Services officer Scott Valenti. His bosses forced him to turn the baby alligator over to the Rio Grande Zoo. Doug Hotle, zoo curator, says there have been several gator surrenders in the last six months, and it's a problem because it takes specialty gear to clean and feed the creatures. It's against the law for people to keep pet alligators, which can grow up to be 9 feet long.
4) C. Secretary of State Ken Bennett has demanded authentication of President Obama's birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. "My responsibility as secretary of state is to make sure the ballots in Arizona are correct and that those people whose names are on the ballot have met the qualifications for the office they are seeking," he says.
Star Wars Reads Day at Cherry Hills Library
Projects, trivia and raffles all day. A guided craft hour from 2 to 3 pm. For all ages.
Harvest Gala: Santa Fe Animal Shelter's Barkin' Ball at Santa Fe Farmers' Market Pavilon
Urban Shaman: Learning Lodge at The KivaMore Recommended Events ››