Crib Notes: Oct. 17, 2013
1) Last week, The Hollywood Reporter broke a story on the upcoming local funeral for a fictional teevee character. Of whom did they write?
a) Salvatore Bonpensiero
b) Susan Biddle Ross
c) Jimmy Joe Jeeter
d) Walter White
2) What corporate tech giant is poised to open a call center in Burque?
a) Canon ITS
b) Gray Matter Technologies
c) CA Technologies
d) The Cryptic Corporation
3. Who opened for the Dodgers in their 1-0 game 2 loss against the Cardinals on Saturday?
a) Sandy Koufax
b) Orel Hershiser
c) Clayton Kershaw
d) Fernando Valenzuela
4) Cargo inspectors in Mombasa, Kenya were horrified when they discovered a container full of ________________ at their port, recently shipped from China.
a) Halloween props
b) Copies of Mao’s “little red book”
c) Humboldt County high-grade
5) Who handily won the battle for Mayor in last week’s municipal election?
a) David Cargo
b) Richard Berry
c) Marion Barry
d) Ken Schultz
1) D. On Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, Sunset Memorial Park will be the scene of a funeral for Walter White. Proceeds from the admission fee will benefit Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless.
2) A. Dan Mayfield, a reporter at Albuquerque Business First reports Canon ITS will “locate a call center in Albuquerque and hire 150 workers in the next three years.”
3) C. Though the Cards only eked out two hits against Kershaw, they still beat Los Angeles, extending the Dodgers’ NLCS scoreless streak to 19 innings.
4) A. According to Standard Digital News of Kenya, the scary cargo included “fake skulls, skeletons, and limbs.”
5) B. Richard Berry was reelected mayor in a landslide victory.
Galloping Grace Youth Ranch's Pumpkin Patch at Santa Ana Star Center
Come enjoy family friendly fun such as a corn pit, a harvest maze, scarecrow dress up, tractor races, a roping area, pumpkin bowling, duck races, giant slides, face painting, and of course pumpkins! Select your very own pumpkin to purchase from our onsite patch with over 100’s of choices. Plus, come see our giant painted hay bales! Plus, experience educational opportunities with our animal displays… come feed the goats! And learn about our new community sustainable agricultural program. Admission is always free! School and group field trips welcome.
Intro/Beginning Ballet Afrique: Contemporary Fusion Dance at Maple Street Dance Space
Mysteries of the Unconscious at North Domingo Baca Multigenerational CenterMore Recommented Events ››