Crib Notes: Oct. 31, 2013
By August March
a) Prayer meetings
b) Halloween festivities
c) Transcendental Meditation
a) Weems International Artfest
b) Walter White’s fictitious funeral
c) The MTS production of Sondheim’s Sweeney Todd
d) The Zia Marching Band Festival
a) Reduction of instructor’s portions at school cafeterias
b) An 8 percent across-the-board pay cut
c) Education reforms spearheaded by a minion of la Tejana
d) Cancellation of summer vacation, forever
a) “Sweet Jane” and “Perfect Day”
b) “Foggy Notion” and “Andy’s Chest”
c) “Satellite of Love” and “Egg Cream”
d) “I’m Waiting for the Man” and “Metal Machine Music, Part III”
a) Meg White
b) Maureen Tucker
c) Tobi Vail
d) Patty Schemel
1) D. During a legislative committee meeting on student health and obesity, Representative Alonzo Baldonado said he was concerned about students doing yoga in public school, because yoga “is linked to Eastern religions.”
2) C. Graham Gentz at the Daily Lobo burnt the latest MTS production to the ground in his review, published on Oct. 23.
3) C. For the past couple weeks, teachers from across APS have vigorously protested the reforms proposed by Education Department Secretary-Designate Hanna Skandera. Skandera was brought in from Florida to remake New Mexico’s failing public education system in the image of her corporate masters.
4) A. When Velvet Underground founder and rocanrol god Reed played Santa Fe in ’06, his encore included two tunes; one from the final VU album, Loaded, and one from his landmark solo album Transformer.
5) B. Mo Tucker played drums in the Velvet Underground.
From Flaccid To Fantastic! at Self Serve
This lecture covers and discusses the common causes of erectile dysfunction.
Home Composting Basics at Highland Senior Center
Curator's Coffee Lecture at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and ScienceMore Recommented Events ››