Crib Notes: Nov. 7, 2013
By August March
a) Steven Schiff
b) Heather Wilson
c) Harold L. Runnels
d) Dennis Chavez
a) Graphic anti-abortion cards
b) Warnings from our robot overlords
c) Coupons for free kittehs
d) Cartoon pamphlets debunking the existence of the Great Pumpkin
a) A Clockwork Orange
b) Heavy Metal
c) Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii
d) The Rocky Horror Picture Show
a) caused rioting in the streets
b) resulted in numerous arrests
c) was a hit with aging hipsters
d) went mostly unnoticed by its former critics
c) Wagon Mound
1) B. Albuquerque Journal reporter James Monteleone examined Heather Wilson’s connections to Sandia Labs in the paper’s Sunday edition.
2) A. Local outlets, as well as national news sites like Think Progress, reported that ahead of a special election—starring a draconian late-term abortion ban—to be held on Nov. 19, trick-or-treaters in Burque “received some unexpected materials” in their trick-or-treat bags. In addition to candy bars and lollipops, they also got several anti-choice cards with images of fetuses on them—one proclaiming “I am not a clump of cells,” another saying “I am a human being” and one emblazoned with “53 million killed.”
3) D. Though popular at local film haunts like Don Pancho’s Art Theatre, The Lobo Theater and The Guild Cinema during much of the ’80s and ’90s, local screenings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and its associated live audience-produced ritual dwindled post-millennium. Burque’s Aux Dog Theatre plans to revive the festivities.
4) D. Pornotopia went off without a hitch last week.
5) A. Portales, New Mexico is home to Eastern New Mexico University, a place with a lot of cows and apparently a men’s basketball team, too. They are called the Greyhounds, and our guys whupped ‘em fair and square, 87 to 68, at the glorious Pit on Saturday night.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Women's March on Washington at Civic Plaza
Join the many unique cultural groups across New Mexico in an inclusive dialogue to become more educated about how to take positive and peaceful action to exercise your constitutional rights.
Toughest Monster Trucks at Santa Ana Star Center
Klezmer and Contra Dance at Albuquerque Square Dance CenterMore Recommended Events ››