Crib Notes: Nov. 28, 2013
By August March
1) It was recently revealed that local capitalists are busy researching which up-and-coming subculture as prelude to creating a local market where said mysterious subculture can be properly made a part of the former’s income stream?
2) What verb did KOB-TV use to describe the UNM football team’s encounter with nationally ranked Fresno State on Saturday night? (Hint: The word is also used in the title of a Robyn Hitchcock composition from 1980.)
3) Why didn’t more snow fall in metropolitan Burque this past weekend?
a) Strong westerly winds blowing across the mountains kept the storm tracking to the north and west of town.
b) A temporary worker at HAARP accidentally set the dials on the weather control machinery to “drought.”
c) The doughnut hole effect
d) A and C
4) What newspaper recently called the defeat of the abortion ban ordinance “a resounding defeat for the right wing.”
b) The Albuquerque Tribune
c) The Wall Street Journal
d) Liberation News
5) What band didn’t perform in Albuquerque this year?
Courtesy of artist
a) Night Ranger
d) Black Sabbath
1) C. Albuquerque Business First reported that RealtyTrac, a local real estate research company, is using “zip-code level data” to “identify established and emerging hyperlocal hipster markets.”
3) D. Strong winds created an effect that caused snow to blanket the surrounding area but left a circular area of geography corresponding to our town barely touched by the white stuff.
4) D. This pull quote is from Liberation News, a socialist newspaper whose website has a genuine red flag waving at the top of the page.
5) D. Black Sabbath skipped Burque on their 2013 North American tour.
Toddler Time at Explora!
Heart of Recovery Meditation Group at Albuquerque Shambhala Meditation Center
Free Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournaments at The Barley RoomMore Recommented Events ››