(From left) Larry Rivers, Jack Kérouac, Gregory Corso (in cap), David Amram and Allen Ginsberg circa late-'50s
1) It was recently revealed that local capitalists are busy researching which up-and-coming subculture as prelude to creating a local market where said mysterious subculture can be properly made a part of the former’s income stream?
Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians
2) What verb did KOB-TV use to describe the UNM football team’s encounter with nationally ranked Fresno State on Saturday night? (Hint: The word is also used in the title of a Robyn Hitchcock composition from 1980.)
High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) antennae
3) Why didn’t more snow fall in metropolitan Burque this past weekend?
a) Strong westerly winds blowing across the mountains kept the storm tracking to the north and west of town.
b) A temporary worker at HAARP accidentally set the dials on the weather control machinery to “drought.”
c) The doughnut hole effect
d) A and C
1986 Communist Chinese family planning poster
4) What newspaper recently called the defeat of the abortion ban ordinance “a resounding defeat for the right wing.”
b) The Albuquerque Tribune
c) The Wall Street Journal
d) Liberation News
Courtesy of artist
5) What band didn’t perform in Albuquerque this year?
a) Night Ranger
d) Black Sabbath
1) C. Albuquerque Business Firstreported that RealtyTrac, a local real estate research company, is using “zip-code level data” to “identify established and emerging hyperlocal hipster markets.”