Crib Notes: Dec. 19, 2013
By August March
1) Albuquerque is:
a) A military outpost in the desert
b) A haven for eccentric artists and small-time criminals
c) A beautiful town with a river running through it
d) All of the above
2) Last week the city agreed to pay $900,000 to settle a lawsuit out of court. What was the reason for the lawsuit?
a) A police shooting
b) A case of poor oversight
c) A breach of the public’s trust
d) All of the above
3) A Rio Rancho high school teacher was disciplined last week for telling a student that:
a) Krampus would surely take him.
b) Santa Claus is a Martian.
c) Santa Claus is white.
d) Wayne Coyne is Santa Claus.
4) What surprising device did an Albuquerque couple use to stash three bottles of vodka they intended to steal from a local supermarket?
a) A loaded pram
b) A babel fish
c) A scramble suit
d) A grocery buggy
5) If skiing is your thing, rejoice. Sandia Peak is open for business, and the good news is you can drive up or take __________________.
a) A special train
b) The Sandia Peak Tram
c) A transdimensional portal
d) The Jubjub bird
1) D. All of the above. Burque contains multitudes.
2) D. All of the above. The city was sued over a police shooting involving an officer who has been involved in other civilian shootings, as well as a double-dipping scandal.
3) C. A ninth grade teacher at Cleveland High School in Rio Rancho allegedly asked a student a disturbing rhetorical question: “Don’t you know Santa Claus is white?” The teacher later apologized, and he was disciplined by the school district.
4) A. The couple tried to abscond from a local grocer with three bottles of vodka concealed in a baby stroller ... which happened to be occupied by their child.
5) B. The Sandia Peak Ski area opened for business last week, and if you don’t want to drive, you can always take the tram.
Intro/Beginning Ballet-Afrique: Contemporary Fusion Dance Class at Maple Street Dance Space
Herbalism Series 1 at The Source
On the Threshold: New Mexican Landscapes and Spanish Colonization at Historic Los LucerosMore Recommended Events ››