Crib Notes: Jan. 2, 2014
By August March
1) The newest prisoners/permanent guests at the Rio Grande Zoo are:
20th Century Fox
a) A pair of hypnotoads
b) Four Tasmanian devils
c) El águila y la serpiente
d) Bright-eyed humans captured in the forbidden zone
2) The building on the NW corner of Edith and Central may yet transform into a Subway restaurant, complete with drive-through. What junk food joint used to occupy the A-frame shack in EDO?
a) Pop ‘N’ Taco
b) Pup’n Taco
c) Barney’s Beef and Things
d) Frank’s Time to Eat
3) From Jan. 2 to 12, PNM will be partnering with municipal governments around the state to help out with a special yearly recycling project that focuses on ___________.
a) Capturing and liquefying gremlins
b) Burying magnets
c) Grinding used Christmas trees into mulch
d) Collecting expired reindeer oil
4) During the last week of 2013, Albuquerque had some of the lowest _______ prices in the nation.
5) Who received a 2013 Cowchip award from the Albuquerque Journal and why?
a) UNM psychology prof Geoffrey Miller—for making disparaging comments about students and then saying the tweets were part of his research
b) Rep. Steve Pearce (R)—for scheduling and refusing to cancel a $19,500 plane flight to visit with NM National Guard troops stationed in Egypt
c) NM state first gentleman Chuck Franco—for participating in a private alligator-hunting trip that paid out overtime to his state cop-bodyguards and drivers
d) All of the above
1) B. The four Tasmanian devils arrived last week and were officially put on display Monday, Dec. 30.
2) A. The former hot dog and taco palace may or may not become a Subway, but efforts to include the building in East Downtown developments continue.
3) C. For the 22nd year in a row, PNM will spearhead Christmas tree recycling efforts in several New Mexico cities.
4) D. Burque continues to have some of the lowest gas prices in America.
5) D. Check out the complete proceedings.
4th Annual Medicine for the People by the People at Endorphin Power Company
Annual event where health care providers come together to share their services with the community for no cost.
It’s Good to Break Bad Bike Tour at Routes Bicycle Tours and Rentals
Fiestas de Albuquerque at Historic Old TownMore Recommented Events ››