Crib Notes: Jan. 9, 2013
By August March
1) At the behest of Mayor Berry, the City Council passed an ordinance this week banning the sale of _________ to those under the age of 18.
b) Electronic cigarettes
c) Certain species of insects
2) On Tuesday, the Department of Justice hosted a closed-door meeting with local community activists. What was the subject of this meeting?
a) Police misconduct in Burque
b) Same-sex marriage in the Duke City
c) Multiplication rules for integers
d) Hipsters taking over Downtown
3) Which former Weekly Alibi columnist plans to propose a constitutional amendment legalizing marijuana in the state of New Mexico?
Columbia TriStar Television
a) Michael Henningsen
b) Tim McGivern
c) John Drake
d) Jerry Ortiz y Pino
4) Who did Johnny Tapia’s widow marry last week?
a) Dennis Rodman
b) The Amazing Spider-Man
c) Tapia’s half-brother, Jeffrey Padilla
d) Richie Aprile
5) As of the new year, what is the minimum wage in Burque?
Compfight cc via Paul Boxley
a) $5.50 an hour and all the bananas you can eat
b) $8.60 an hour
c) $10.65 an hour, just like Santa Fe
d) There is no “minimum” wage in Burque
1) B. On Jan. 6, 2014, the Council voted to ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to those under the age of 18.
2) A. The DOJ held an invite-only meeting with activists, ostensibly to discuss a federal investigation of ABQ Police tactics.
3) D. Former Alibi columnist and State Senator Jerry Ortiz y Pino was quoted last week as saying he intends to propose a constitutional amendment making recreational weed use legal in Nuevo Mexico.
4) C. Teresa Tapia married Johnny’s half-brother.
5) B. The new, federally approved minimum wage in our burg is $8.60 per hour.
Hula Hustle 5K at Albuquerque Academy
A fundraiser to benefit the Wounded Warrior Foundation, where participants walk or run on a Hawaiian-themed, three-mile course.
Mayor & First Lady's Charity Gala at Albuquerque Convention Center
April in Paris: The Santa Fe Symphony's 31st Season Gala at Hotel Santa FeMore Recommented Events ››