Crib Notes: Jan. 16, 2013
By August March
1) New research strongly suggests that _______ use in Albuquerque dropped seven percent during the past year, indicating conservation of this precious resource at levels not seen since the 1980s.
d) green chile
2) The ex-wife of which New Mexico-based writer got into a violent domestic dispute about space aliens last week in Santa Fe?
a) D.H. Lawrence
b) John Nichols
c) Cormac McCarthy
d) George R.R. Martin
3) Layoffs last week at which Albuquerque organization gave credence to the idea that our local economic recovery may not be as strong as some predicted.
c) Shakey’s Pizza
d) Blake’s Lotaburger
4) AMC announced a November 2014 premiere date for a “Breaking Bad” spin-off, also set in Albuquerque. The title of this new series starring Bob Odenkirk as a shady lawyer is:
Sony Pictures Television
a) “Don’t Call Paul”
c) “Jesse and Company”
d) “Better Call Saul”
5) New Mexico is facing a shortage of ________.
c) primary care physicians
1) B. Water use in Albuquerque declined by seven percent, to 32 billion gallons, dipping to conservation levels not seen since 1983.
2) C. Jennifer McCarthy, former wife of Cormac “The Road” McCarthy, allegedly got into into a sordid encounter with her current boyfriend “in what a deputy’s report describes as a bizarre argument over space aliens.”
3) A. Local solar tech firm Emcore confirmed it will lay off 24 employees and furlough 25 others in the coming weeks.
4) D. If you didn’t know the answer to this one, that’s practically criminal: “Better Call Saul.”
5) C. According to a survey conducted by the New Mexico Primary Care Association and state officials, the Land of Enchantment is now facing a worsening shortage of primary care physicians.
Heart of Recovery Meditation Group at Albuquerque Shambhala Meditation Center
Join Roller Derby with Duke City Derby at Heights Community Center
Wonders: Spanish and Portuguese Colonial Ivory Sculpture from the 16th to the 19th Century at Museum of Spanish Colonial ArtMore Recommented Events ››