Crib Notes: Jan. 23, 2014
By August March
1) Authorities say the popular Mexico Lindo store on Broadway was actually a front for a _____________.
a) mob hangout and meeting place
b) massive shoplifting operation
c) human trafficking operation
d) Soviet spy ring
2) A new fast food chain is making its way to Burque. Their signature dish is called Potato Olés. The name of these new food joints is ____________.
a) In-N-Out Burger
b) The Handsome Family
c) Taco John’s
d) Satriale’s Pork Store
3) Array Technologies, Inc. announced an expansion of their Albuquerque headquarters last week. What industry does ATI serve?
20th Century Fox Television
a) The waste management industry
b) Gloomy weather forecasters
c) The local Mercedes dealership
d) The solar energy technology sector
4) Last week Vietnam veteran and CNM instructor Robert Anderson succeeded in having merchandise related to what teevee show banned from the local VA Medical Center canteen?
a) “Duck Dynasty”
b) “Breaking Bad”
d) “The Sopranos”
5) Who is one of the folks chosen to be inducted into the New Mexico Business Hall of Fame this year?
a) Silvio Dante
b) David Scatino
c) Artie Bucco
d) Richard Berry
1) B. The Bernalillo County Sheriff Department moved in after a four-month investigation revealed that thousands of dollars worth of stolen merchandise comprised the store’s inventory.
2) C. Taco John’s is coming soon to our hungry town . “Albuquerque is a 'priority market for us,'” said Renee Middleton, vice president of marketing for Taco John’s.
3) D. Array Technologies, Inc. (ATI) specializes in manufacturing photovoltaic mounting systems and will expand their Albuquerque headquarters and operations this year.
4) A. Anderson, founder of Stop the War Machine, petitioned the local VA to halt sales of “Duck Dynasty” merchandise. Debra Abeyta, assistant chief of the Albuquerque canteen, agreed.
5) D. Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry will be inducted into the New Mexico Business Hall of Fame in April 2014.
NEWSLETTERS Great Alibi stories, events and deals delivered to your inbox each week. No fooling!
Hip-Hop Dance Workshop at South Valley Public Library
Preschoolers use isolated movements, rhythmic techniques and explosive stage presence to express themselves through great music.
Hora de Cuentos: Bilingual Preschool Storytime at National Hispanic Cultural Center
Thursday Birders at Albuquerque Open Space Visitor CenterMore Recommended Events ››